• ASiegel
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > To me, it is rather obvious that he wrote his comment from user
    > and not a developer perspective.

Seems we are interpreting what he wrote ("make it possible for the web-app and MUI-app to communicate" in comment #81 and "That was exactly my point!" in comment #84) very differently ;-)

I am afraid I could not possibly follow your argument here. The quote of mine is not invalidated by the two following quotes in any way. (_Any_ MorphOS application can communicate with "web apps" (technically even remote websites) running in Odyssey *right now*. Have been able to for years. They do not even have to run concurrently for two-way communication to happen.)

So, yeah, very differently indeed.

Quote:

Yes, of course, the look and behaviour of a MUI GUI can be recreated in HTML/CSS/JS. One issue that comes to mind is how to keep the UIs consistent in an automatic way when the user changes his MUI settings, though.

Unless someone takes the time to extend MUI a bit, there would have be separate settings, which is less than ideal but fragmented UI settings are a MorphOS tradition. Also, by offering preconfigured themes, you at least take away configuration work from users.

Current development versions of MorphOS have included a basic Origo CSS theme for a while now.

Quote:

I very much share this general notion, but then the MorphOS team's points against provision of an X11 server (see AmiCygnix, where visual integration into the OS-native UI has been increased once more with the current release) come to mind ;-)

As far as I am aware, AmiCygnix is not a Hyperion Entertainment project either. Views expressed by representatives of an OS vendor should not stop a third-party to provision whatever software they like assuming there are any interested developers, which does not appear to be the case...
  • »09.04.20 - 11:39