• MorphOS Developer
    cyfm
    Quote:

Installing the hyberbootloader made the system boot from HD :-)

However, now OS4.1 will not load (hangs on the bootscreen) and I can not even use an install CD to check the OS4.1 installation. It just hangs at the bootscreen .... :-(

Hangs at bootscreen means the early UBoot screen and not any OS4 specific one I guess ? Did you already try the UBoot menu which is accessed via SPACE key to select OS4 boot manually ?

Quote:

I have tried uninstalling the hyperbootloader to see if that unconfuses OS4.1 but to no success so far. It simply will not boot in any form. Both MorphOS and Linux boots fine.

OS4.1 has a higher bootnumber than MorphOS so it is not that.

If it already hangs within UBoot, it most likely isn't related to the boot partition priority. You can try to change the MorphOS partition to not bootable with HDConfig and check if that makes any difference for OS4 boot. You can modify it again by booting from a MorphOS CD later on.

Quote:

Is there a way to uninstall the hyberbootloader effectively? I have tried doing the opposite of installing it but it simply will not go away. I would sure like to get to my OS4.1 data somehow.

There is no easy way to uninstall the hyperbootloader but it is possible of course. Send me a PM and I can go into more detail.

Quote:

I have ordered a new HD so that I can use seperate HD's for OS4.1, Linux and MorphOS. It seems like the safe way to go.

That is probably the safest way to deal with it indeed.
  • »05.04.20 - 12:15
    Profile Visit Website