• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

Intuition schrieb:

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/health-environment/article/3075164/south-koreas-coronavirus-response-opposite-china-and

I think South Korea does handle the issue best of all nations. But the article does not draw the full picture. The Korean approach does work only if the system is still working. In northern Italy the infrastructure is way overstressed, in Spain (and some other countries) the same. These countries have no alternative to the most restrictive lock down. Once the infection rate is put down with these hard methods the Korean approach should be copycated to maintain the situation for the coming monthes.
    Most countries have reacted too slow, many countries lack the infrastructure.
    I think for example Germany could soon reach the state to copycat Korea (we have high numbers, but the health care system is still working, hopefully it will stay so). Currently most coutries lack the simple things: face masks, gloves, etc.
    Me and my wife we are actully sewing some face masks (cotton doulble layer), output is low, but better than nothing: yesterday evening we made 6pcs, today about 10 will follow. The idea gets momntum here now, I heard of some communities (smaller cities in the Eifel region) that centrally bought medical cotton and give it to the citiziens to sew masks themselves.
    I am glad to live in a region where the situation is still relatively under control (yesterday we had more cures than new infections in my town, but this was probably a lucky day and not the turning point).

Testing, isolation of infected ppl, pursuing contacts of infected ppl, protection (distance, (hand) washing, face masks, protective glasses and gloves) - that's the way to handle it.
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »28.03.20 - 11:08
    Profile Visit Website