• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    @takemehomegrandma,

Thanks for your reply, and I hope that you and your family will be okay, and not experience severe symptoms. I believe that your whole family is probably now infected with the COVID-19 virus, so I hope you will all stay isolated for at least the next two weeks, to protect other people who are at higher risk than yourselves. I hope that none of your family experience severe symptoms. As someone who has Asthma, and who has had severe breathing difficulties in the past, where my blood oxygen level has dropped below 85%, I know first hand what it feels like to not be able to get enough oxygen and struggle to get air into the smallest parts of my lungs, where the oxygen transfer occurs. It feels like an elephant is standing on your chest.

I don't think that the policies Sweden has adopted regarding elementary schools remaining open, and no restrictions for travel, are a good idea, and I believe that we will see many deaths in your country over the next few months, but it will allow your country to "get over" this pandemic sooner than most other countries, I guess? Is there any scientific proof that a person becomes immune, after they have experienced the virus once? I have not even heard or read that the medical scientist have confirmed how long a person remains contagious, or exactly how long a person can be a carrier and spreader of the virus. There appear to be many unknowns still, and information is slow to be confirmed and released to the public.

I went out shopping yesterday and put everything we bought out on the front deck of our house and sprayed it with a bleach solution, and let it sit for over 10 minutes, before bringing it into the house. I washed my hands probably a dozen times yesterday, but still have problems keeping my hands away from my face, which I am still working on to change that behavior.

Thanks again for sharing your story, and I hope you and your family will be okay and not experience any severe symptoms. Take care, and please do all you can to not spread the virus to anyone else.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »25.03.20 - 16:26