• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:
    I'm just going to save my money. With my country leaving Europe and an idiot as prime minister, it's only a matter of time before I'm expected to work in a factory making Halloween toys.

Haven't been following this Brexit thing very closely at the end (the British indecisiveness became kind of too bizarre at some point), but AFAIK there at least won't be a "no deal" clean-slate new start when it comes to trade with the EU (49% of UK trade)? There are some breathing space? And it seems they have rolled over 2/3 (8% of UK trade) of the EU's trade deals with outside countries as well? This article is from early this month, maybe more agreements has been reached by now: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-47213842

So maybe it won't be that catastrophic in the end? It's a bit of an experiment though. Uncharted territory. I also think it will be interesting to see what happens with Scotland in the end. And perhaps Northern Ireland as well, maybe them leaving the UK (not entirely implausible given some time IMHO) will be a key to peace and prosperity of the Irish Island? The current "deal" regarding Northern Ireland and its borders to EU and UK seems a bit like a Frankenstein solution and not something that could be sustainable. An air castle that nobody seems to be able to fully explain in a credible manner.
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »29.12.19 - 02:02