• Caterpillar
    Caterpillar
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    >>> the company

>> ...of likeminded individuals, but not a business.

> Please do not derive the thread into irrelevant technicalities. My message is clear.

As soon as you understand that the MorphOS price is not the result of economical consideration as would (have to) be with a business but simply what the developers believe is the worth of using their OS, you'll also understand that the difference between a company of individuals and a commercial business is not an irrelevant technicality, and that your message is clear but irrelevant.
    The MorphOS developers are surely aware that lowering the price significantly would convince a few more people to pay for the license, but they don't seem to care as it's kind of a symbolic price for them, not a market-driven one. Economically, the MorphOS team would have to ask for thousands of euros/dollars for a license, and nobody would buy. MorphOS, in its current form, is a product of love and dedication, not a viable product in terms of business, and lowering the price wouldn't make it one.

Just suppositions, because as far as I can see, you are not them. This phrase " they don't seem to care as it's kind of a symbolic price for them" makes of little sense to me.

Linux is also (and more than) a product of love and dedication, and it's free. I don't see your point as messenger for the MorphOS dev team (ok, I will not say company nor business).

They are not married with the OS, if a crazy rich man pays them 20 millon for all the rights of the OS they will sell it regardless what the rich man decides to do with the OS. Let's get real.

[ Edited by supremo 25.11.2019 - 21:04 ]
  • »25.11.19 - 21:58