• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    First of all, there are two different secure FTP protocols: FTPS and SFTP. Server asking for TLS indicates that it wants to use the FTPS protocol, which is just a extension over the traditional FTP protocol. SFTP is its own protocol which usually works over SSH.

I think that Transfer only supports FTP and SFTP, but not FTPS, and that's why you can't get it to work if your server doesn't offer SFTP service and denies the unencrypted FTP.

I have drafted a proof-of-concept FTP client with Hollywood, which can basically get file listings and transfer files over FTP, but doesn't do anything else at the moment. Next step would be trying to implement secure protocols, but unfortunately SFTP wasn't compiled to hURL after all, so that'd need to wait for an update, but I think that FTPS could be done already. The next step would be trying if I could get that work... I've been thinking that how much time I should put into this or is it useless, because we have Transfer, but if there's demand, maybe I could continue when I get over of my recent hurries.
  • »30.09.19 - 06:43
    Profile Visit Website