• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

SoundSquare wrote:
    Appart from the nostalgia factor (which is pretty strong at the moment when you look at the number of "retro computing" youtube channels these days) i don't see any ways to attract new users. Even if MorphOS was available on 64bit intel and provided with a browser that would compete with the current Chrome of firefox on Pc, it still wouldn't be enough.

As much as i love MorphOS, it's still 10 years late on the current trends. Today's users would consider MorphOS as an old-school curiosity at best but there's nothing that would make them leave their Macs, PCs, smartphones or tablets.

MorphOS could attract hardcore geeks, but there is still much work to do to provide them with something sexy.

I agree! So give me some suggestions on how to attract the hardcore geeks, and maybe some of them will help provide the "Sexy" in the future.

I am leaning toward creating some YouTube videos aimed at retro computer enthusiasts that will introduce those who never had an Amiga, and explain what it is, and why we still have a (small) active community. I am going to make it in a way that will raise curiosity, and hopefully get some new people to try MorphOS out, if they can find an old PPC Mac that they have, a family member has, or that they can buy cheap on eBay, or Craigslist, or what ever is the equal in other countries.

Anyone interested in helping, I could use artwork and ideas.

[ Edited by amigadave 20.09.2019 - 11:13 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »20.09.19 - 19:12