• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Zylesea wrote:
    Being different. In the sense of offering an alternative approach (not so much about better or worse).
    Some may fit this alternative others not.

I alwyas wonder why so few actually chose MorphOS. Okay, most ppl don't care about the operating system very much and others may find it too limited and so, but I guess the main problem is actually to get heard at all.
    Hence we must become LOUDER!

I welcome your enthusiasm (and just the fact that you are trying to say something positive, and contribute to the conversation, instead of saying what we can't do), but I don't think that being LOUDER is the answer. We must be smarter in the way we present MorphOS to other users, as well as more visible, and positive about what we can accomplish, instead of focusing on what we lack.

Like them or not, one of the things that many AmigaOS4 users have is boundless enthusiasm, even when it is not supported or warranted by any actions of the OS developer. That attitude is more attractive to new users than complaints, or doomsayers always pointing out what can't be done, and how far behind we are, and why no one in their right mind should use MorphOS.

I'm not advocating distorting of the facts, I'm just saying why not focus on the positive aspects of our OS, and the software that IS AVAILABLE for it now, plus helping every user and programmer to make things better, in what ever way that might show up.

Not everyone likes what A-Eon & AmigaKit are doing, but they are definitely doing something, which is far better than doing nothing and complaining about the situation. I support them, because they are trying to make progress, and taking risks with time and money (putting money where their mouth is, so to speak), and they have accomplished some great things. MorphOS is not going to follow the same route, but we can learn from their successes and failures, and improve upon our current state of user recruitment and software development, IF WE TRY!

If some of you think all of this is just a waste of time thinking of trying to improve the current MorphOS situation, then why are you here wasting your time reading these forum threads? Yes, PPC is dead (for the most part), and there is no news from the MorphOS Dev. Team, other than that 3.12 is close to being done and that work on moving to x64 is in progress, but with no idea of when it will be released. Getting any new great programmers to develop software for MorphOS is unlikely, but I say that trying to gain new users, and just a few competent programmers, is worth my time and efforts. I welcome every idea and suggestion on how to accomplish those two goals, more new users, and any number of new programmers, even if it is just one.

Edit: Can we talk about realistic ideas that we CAN try to do, which might gain us some new users, and how to best present MorphOS to these new users, so that they will focus on its strengths and positive features, instead of focusing on what it can't do? I want to hear from users who are doing fun and productive things with their MorphOS systems. Send me short stories of your successes, or video clips of what you are doing, so I can use that material in future advertising for MorphOS.

[ Edited by amigadave 19.09.2019 - 06:49 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »19.09.19 - 13:42