• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Cool_amigaN wrote:
    Dude, over the past 7 years I have presented MorphOS (on a beefy and fully loaded setup) to over 250 persons (90% ex-amigans), on various exhibitions annually. Do you know how many have actually invested on it? 5. Yeap, 5 persons whereas only one registered it - an ex mac user was complaining that there was no software to install (was clueless), other two apparently wanted to play some whdload games with their amigas, so they weren't interested on the software side at all and sold the system (they bought only one mac mini and they sold it to each other after listing it to amibay), one guy was converted to OS4 and the last one he has it sitting on a pbook unused.

Long story short, the feedback I usually got was: Default Skin -> Ummm this doesn't look like AmigaOS [use OSFourOne instead], Native PPC proggies -> I want 68k software, PPC/68k combo software system -> But it runs on a Apple Mac, me no like! Playing 3D games -> Don't care, I want to play my whdload/adf, Running Whdload by double clicking and/or iGame -> Meh, I can run uae on PC as well, 30mins reboot unre -> 80 euros is such a high amount, omfg! ...

Well, over the course of years I have heard a gazillion excuses. But the one that I was able to shut down once and for all was the available software, especially classic and NG combined. I created a thread about 2.5 yrs ago which I have populated with almost 100 grabs, each one showing at least 5-8 things being done simultaneously. I still upload something from time to time, if a nice piece of software appears on MorphOS Storage.

I really don't know what should be presented to convert a user, but what I do know is that if you want to reach a broader audience make a YT video instead. Forget about grabs, fcbk groups, mailing lists, fora or even shows. Chances are that where you post your effort, audience will have already decide pro or against it. While a YT or Twitch will reach far greater number of people instead. Look at Dan Wood's vids: 3.10 review has almost 20k views on YT, while otoh I have invested much more time and effort on my system/presentations to reach just 1/20 of the people he did.

It's on my todo list tbh but I have to source equipment and found the time to make a clean video presentation.

Thanks for the reply and your comments, and suggestion to use YouTube videos for advertisement of MorphOS. I agree that using media that is more popular today with a greater audience, is a good idea, but must be done properly, because as you have experienced yourself, if a person is introduced to MorphOS in the wrong way, they just come up with a dozen excuses on why NOT to use it. I have plenty of video equipment, so once I get enough good ideas for a YouTube video promoting MorphOS, I will begin working on creating one.

I'm interested in your prior work on compiling a list of MorphOS software, if you could provide a link to it, I'd like to take a look at it.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »01.09.19 - 19:52