• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    I also feel that some of the Chrysalis pack is overloaded with stuff - but you do at least get to choose what you don't like and either consign it to being deleted or isolate it, or like it and get to use it. Possibly just an agreed selection of 'goodies' from the Chrysalis Pack that look good, and work well, could be added to the base MorphOS ISO to make it look more inspiring? :-?

It's that initial choice that often will make the impact. 8-)

I like, but am a bit unsure how the Dev. Team would think of such an modified ISO being advertised as MorphOS? It would need to be clearly labeled MorphOS3.11 (or 12, if 3.12 is released before our efforts are finished) plus Chrysalis Pack, or 3.11 plus Extras, if not all of the elements of the Chrysalis Pack are used. A group of MorphZone users could pick and choose which items from the Chrysalis Pack are to be included, and work on creating a new bootable ISO that combines the OS and such items together. I think it would need to be a bootable ISO of a snapshot of someone's freshly installed and modified system, and how would that work on several different hardware choices? This is not an easy task to add extra installation items to the stock MorphOS install ISO, and the Dev. Team might not approve of such "presentation" of their work. I also don't want to burden any of the Dev. Team members with extra work on their part, to help with creation of a modified MorphOS install ISO.

Quote:

The silvery/blue 'hot-air' balloon is fantastic from a graphic perspective, but maybe the Amiga shades - the ones from the 'checkmark'/tick could be incorporated in some way, maybe even a graphic rainbow effect spiral, into the hot-air balloon panels to signify it's roots, and that it's still based on the Amiga system to newcomers, for those that realise the significance, and it also honours the base of where MorphOS comes from as well, but that is instantly recognisable that it's MorphOS (butterfly logo).

Again, changes to someone else's work would need to be approved by the person who created the graphics in the first place, unless we were to create original artwork from scratch, but I like your thinking about the changes.

Quote:

We really do need an all-in-one office package that works with any mainstream OS with wordprocessor, spreadsheet, database, that harmonises data and allows importation of text or data from one application into the other where appropriate. I doubt that a presentation package could also initially be incorporated into such an office package, but if it were considered possible then that would be a great addition as well.

This is something that has been discussed in detail in the past, but I don't hear about anyone actually working on porting an office suite to MorphOS, only the mentions about one of the Frieden brothers work on Libre Office for AmigaOS4. If we could find a few experienced MorphOS programmers who would be willing to work together to complete the porting of any office suite to MorphOS, prior to Libre Office being ported to AmigaOS4, it would be a great bit of advertising info in favor of MorphOS and the software available for it.

Quote:

I know André Siegel did an excellent Beta of Folio, and then subsequently had a data failure which compromised all that work on Folio, but it is something like that program that utilises the web-browser as the engine to manipulate other software built to use it, that may save development time for other gifted programmers, ideally working as a team, probably, hopefully.

Anyway, these are just suggestions, and hopefully some may be implementable.

Thanks for your suggestions, even though I was looking for advertising suggestions and people willing to create artwork and slogan ideas for MorphOS, more than programming ideas for software we don't currently have. I agree that the bone stock MorphOS3.11 install isn't flashy and eye catching to some, but it does have a certain elegance, and is a great leap forward from AmigaOS3.1, or even 3.9. Perhaps a YouTube video could be made showing how to install MorphOS3.11, plus the Chrysalis Pack, or just certain parts of the Chrysalis Pack, so that the combined installation is shorter, with a step-by-step walk through of how to modify the desktop and folder icons, plus a walk through of how to use some of the key features of the OS, and some of the more useful third party software. Then we could include a link to such YT video, plus a link to the official MorphOS download page, in our new advertising work. What do you think about my suggestions?
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »28.08.19 - 09:33