• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

Zylesea wrote: Albeit I see the Chrysalis pack a bit with mixed feelings (great stuff & very handy, but a bit overloaded with many dependencies/settings) I like that idea. I think André could be the right person to ask about the possibilites of creating a LiveCD with bells and whistles.

I also feel that some of the Chrysalis pack is overloaded with stuff - but you do at least get to choose what you don't like and either consign it to being deleted or isolate it, or like it and get to use it. Possibly just an agreed selection of 'goodies' from the Chrysalis Pack that look good, and work well, could be added to the base MorphOS ISO to make it look more inspiring? :-?

It's that initial choice that often will make the impact. 8-)

The silvery/blue 'hot-air' balloon is fantastic from a graphic perspective, but maybe the Amiga shades - the ones from the 'checkmark'/tick could be incorporated in some way, maybe even a graphic rainbow effect spiral, into the hot-air balloon panels to signify it's roots, and that it's still based on the Amiga system to newcomers, for those that realise the significance, and it also honours the base of where MorphOS comes from as well, but that is instantly recognisable that it's MorphOS (butterfly logo).

We really do need an all-in-one office package that works with any mainstream OS with wordprocessor, spreadsheet, database, that harmonises data and allows importation of text or data from one application into the other where appropriate. I doubt that a presentation package could also initially be incorporated into such an office package, but if it were considered possible then that would be a great addition as well.

I know André Siegel did an excellent Beta of Folio, and then subsequently had a data failure which compromised all that work on Folio, but it is something like that program that utilises the web-browser as the engine to manipulate other software built to use it, that may save development time for other gifted programmers, ideally working as a team, probably, hopefully.

Anyway, these are just suggestions, and hopefully some may be implementable.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »28.08.19 - 01:27