• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Is there a way to create a hybrid ISO with the MorphOS v3.11, or later system, on it but with some of the added benefits of the Chrysalis pack or other addition(s) added into it so it is directly bootable?

I say that as I feel the basic OS does look a little 'vanilla' for a new user who might like to tinker - for free - with something that looks a little more embellished, and nice to look at, with a 'juicier' looking start-up skin than white folders and more representative icons than some of those that you get when you just boot the MorphOS system ISO disc. Something to get them 'hooked' right from the start/boot-up process.

I really like MorphOS, but if/when you install a basic system it does look a bit bland and uninspiring at first glance and if that is all a 'trial' gets by any new user then they will probably just 'walk away', instead of seeing it for what it really is, and continue to evolve into even more of an improved alternative OS. This is the best OS I have ever used, there are a few niggles/missing features I consider it should improve on, but comparing it to MacOSX and Windows feature to feature then 'they don't shine half as brightly' - for me IMHO.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »27.08.19 - 20:52