• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

Edicus_Rex

I see Andreas’s point. I assume most people find MorphOS because of their Amiga past. (Am I incorrect?)

How do people find it now?

I
    [ Edited by Edicus_Rex 26.08.2019 - 14:40 ]

An educated guess is that most MorphOS users are longtime or ex Amiga users, but there are also a few w/o Amiga history (there's no statistic AFAIK). On some not Amiga related sites sometimes MorphOS gets mentioned (osnews, some vintage Mac sites and some more tech sites). Mouth to mouth propaganda on meetings.

It's difficult to get users w/o former Amiga experience, because MorphOS roots very deep in the Amiga heritage. And most ppl with Amiga heritage either just want to play old games or are stuck to the name (a bit overdrawn and simplified, but as rule of thumb probably okay).

The requirement of hardware that usually got thrown to the bin already is only helping the real interested. I mean: I am happy, that hardware for MorphOS does cost only a little pocket money, but for the ppl who just want to try it out the hurdle to get some old "obscure" Mac is probably too high. That said I don't want to know how many ppl have a MorphOS capable hardware on their attics or so and just don't know that this hardware could get a 2nd life! Riding the green wave (actual computer recycling) was my last idea to promote MorphOS for a general audience, but somehow noone outside our community is listening...

[ Editiert durch Zylesea 27.08.2019 - 01:05 ]
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »27.08.19 - 00:02
    Profile Visit Website