• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    >> The audio driver for Tabor [...] is A-Eon's duty

> That is never known in Amigaland.

From last year's AmiWest:

"What's missing before the board can be released is the audio driver and a finalised AmigaOS 4 ISO containing said driver. Dickinson could not describe the audio driver's current status since an update from the developer working on it didn't reach him in time for the show."
    http://www.amiga-news.de/en/news/AN-2018-10-00014-EN.html

To me, this doesn't read like Hyperion is the developer, even if the developer commissioned by A-Eon may have (had) ties with Hyperion.

You might be right, but Trevor's quote does not say for certain that the driver work is being done by an A-Eon paid developer, or as part of the AmigaOS4 port to the Tabor boards, so I think it could be that it is Hyperion's responsibility, unless you have another quote that clearly states that drivers are the responsibility of A-Eon. Obviously I don't know all of what it takes to port any OS to a new motherboard, but the drivers to support a new motherboard seem to me to be the biggest part of such a port, and I wonder if Hyperion is not doing the drivers, what are they doing to port AmigaOS4 to the Tabor?

In any event, Trevor's prediction that the Tabor would be shipping to customers during the first quarter of 2019 is almost 6 months late now, and who knows when they will actually begin shipping from distributors.

@KennyR, My posting this thread is not aimed only at AmigaOS4 users, but more at any former Amiga user, like the few we have witnessed recently returning, and choosing MorphOS this past week or so on these forums. If MorphOS is advertised more effectively, and more often, we are more likely to get more users to try it out. There are still many Mac users who like their old PPC hardware, but it is hardly usable to run Mac software, and struggles to respond quickly, as noted by one of the new MorphOS users who commented about how blazing fast MorphOS runs on an old MacMini G4. And when AmigaOS4 gets back to it's normal glacial pace of development and releases any new updates, they will generate some kind of news on forums and Amiga magazines, if MorphOS is being advertised as well, such advertising will be seen by the people interested in ALL Amiga related topics. Not doing any kind of advertising for MorphOS, when we need new users and new developers to create more native software, is just dumb, in my opinion. If you don't agree, then don't help, and stop reading this thread, as it is of no interest to you. If you want to help in some way, great! Advertising ideas and artwork are needed and can come from anyone interested in helping. Fund raising to help pay for advertising space will also be helpful, but first the ideas and artwork must be created.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »26.08.19 - 16:03