• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    With all the legal problems the AmigaOS4 users are suffering through, which are apparently causing even further delays (dare I say stoppage) in development of AmigaOS4, such as drivers for the long awaited Tabor motherboards, wouldn't now be a good time to promote MorphOS more actively? I know that our great team of MorphOS Developers have never been great at self promotion and advertising MorphOS, and I'm not asking them to do so, as I prefer that they work on coding, instead of using valuable time on creating promotional materials and ideas. What I would like to propose, and assist in creating, is the formation of a group of MorphOS users, who create ideas and advertisements that can be submitted to the MorphOS Development Team members for their approval, and once approved, spread across all websites and user group meetings that we deem to be good candidates for such advertisement materials.

Such a group of users might go a step further and try to raise money for paid advertisement space on websites and in magazines. I plan to return to promoting MorphOS at this years AmiWest Show in October, but don't mind doing so with my own money spent to rent the display table space. I just hope I will have enough time to properly prepare demonstrations of the latest version of MorphOS prior to the show, since I am not currently staying at my home, and the only MorphOS registered system I have with me is my 17" PowerBook.

Anyone interested in participating in such a group effort, please let me know. I think we could possibly join our efforts with the "WarmUP" group, who appear to have the same goals as the group I am proposing, but have not described their group in the same way as I have outlined above. I think the WarmUP group is primarily composed of non-english speaking users, but I might be wrong.

[ Edited by amigadave 28.08.2019 - 00:56 ]
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »24.08.19 - 18:06