• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    Welcome from the 2019 AmiWest Show! I'm posting this message from my 1.67GHz G4 PowerBook, with a 2nd monitor connected to the DVi output via a DVi to HDMI adapter, connected to a 37" 720p LCD TV. The TV display is working, but the laptop display is scrambled, even after adjusting the screen prefs to use the native 1680 x 1050 resolution.

Do you mean that you got 1680x1050 on the external display? I guess that you are thinking it wrong way how this should work. The display isn't mirrored or desktop "extended" or anything like that, but you just work with normal Amiga style screens here. Certain screenmodes are just shown on the internal display and certain on the external. So, you have to have at least two screens open to have a display on both monitors. In the initial situation you only have one screen set/open and other is scrambled because it isn't set in use (I don't know if developers could make it blank or something, but in the current version it's just scrambled).

So, if you take a closer look at the screen mode list, for example, in MorphOS Preferences -> Screens -> Ambient (or any other screen), you can see there are screenmodes starting with "Radeon9700Mob" and "Radeon9700Mob.1". "Radeon9700Mob" modes are for the internal display and modes ending to ".1" are for the external display.

You could do like this, for instance:

1) Edit the Ambient screen to open to "Radeon9700Mob 24bit 1680 x 1050" to get Ambient displayed on the PowerBook's internal display.
    2) Create a new screen and set it to use a "Radeon9700Mob.1" mode that matches native resolution of your external TV. You can name the screen as "Extrenal" or something like that if you want a generic screen that can contain several programs.
    3) Set any MUI program you want to use the external screen by using program's MUI settings, or by sending it to the external screen temporarily by using the "Jump to Screen" option from the window popup menu button. If you don't have that button, enable it from the global MUI preferences (Windows -> Titlebar has a ... popup button).
    4) Swap between the screens by the screen depth gadget or the command-m shortcut to get the mouse pointer to the wanted screen.

Here's a tutorial how to make OWB to use its own screen, you can look at it as an example how to set a program to a different screen. Just remember to select a mode ending to ".1" in this case. Making OWB to Use Its Own Screen

[ Edited by jPV 27.10.2019 - 08:59 ]
  • »27.10.19 - 07:49
    Profile Visit Website