• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote: This is a MorphOS website.

That's exactly the point Andreas, and just the reason I'm not getting involved in such a discussion on this MorphOS site. I'd suggest you take this discussion, if there's not one already open somewhere on some Amiga oriented site where you may get more users to discuss it with you, but for me, though I still own my Amiga, and still visit other Amiga sites, that's where I'd expect to see such a thread discussed more intensely, but not here. Move along now, nothing to see here !
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote: I think you overestimate how many MorphOS users should and do care about this.

I think it may impact a little on MorphOS, with the SAMxxxx, X1000 and X5000 users being able to use MorphOS on their systems, but they seem all too intent on supporting their own OS, as not many predominantly OS4 developers also make "side-ways" versions of their programs for MorphOS, but often MorphOS developers do offer their software to Amiga users as well.

In any case, the remaining Amiga OS4 users will probably end up seeing no further development of OS4 in the short-term, or even possible that any OS replacement will fail to materialise at all in the long term. I am glad I did not go down the OS4 path.

I am more than happy with MorphOS, and the superb Development Team, that is still developing, improving the experience for us all, and is one of the reasons I just recently registered one of my PowerMac G5 2.3(DP) systems.
    Kudos to MorphOS. :bloons:
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »23.03.19 - 00:55