• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Zylesea
    Quote:

asrael22 schrieb:
    Certainly. That's why I paid for Hollywood 7.

Regarding this Android and iOS stuff, I'm concerned if I had to use it professionally, that it limits me at some point.
    That's why I'd rather port my code from Objective-C/Swift to Java/Kotlin or wise versa.
    To attract clients that use this professionally this stuff should be rock solid, and extendable with native functionality.
    But it really depends what you need.

Hollywood 8 reached a state that finally allows professional Andoid programming. The earlier versions were a bit limited, I mean I put quite some work into an Android app (Hurra, ich wachse!) and it just hadn't become what I wanted it to become. The new Hollywood version comes with many new feautures:RapaGUI, Java interface, camera, gyroscope and accellerometer accessible, hardware accelearted drawing (it crawled before!).
    It's quite cool. But from objectveC to Java it's probaly still a smaller step than to Hollywood. But for from scratch develop,ent Hollywood is quite an option and with V8 quite competetive.
    If you don't target Android the update from 7 to 8 is not that big, but there are still quite some things in and RapaGUI2.x will require Hollywood 8+ AFAIK.
    My suggestion:
    If you are rather tight on money and don't target Android keep V7, if you target Android the update is mandatory. If you are not too tight on money but don't do very much with Hollywood, consider an updatet to support Andreas, he deserves it!
    --
    http://via.bckrs.de

Whenever you're sad just remember the world is 4.543 billion years old and you somehow managed to exist at the same time as David Bowie.
    ...and Matthias , my friend - RIP
  • »16.02.19 - 15:21
    Profile Visit Website