• ASiegel
    Quote:

sojuniter wrote:
    I have not found a license that does that.

No offence intended, but that really just means you have not looked very hard.

For instance, the most popular open source license on Github, which is afterall the world's largest host of source code, is the MIT license (not GPL).

The MIT license includes this text:

"The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software."

Also, GPL v3 does specifically allow software authors to require copyright information to be retained. This is covered in section 7 and its subsection b:

"Notwithstanding any other provision of this License, for material you add to a covered work, you may (if authorized by the copyright holders of that material) supplement the terms of this License with terms: [...] b) Requiring preservation of specified reasonable legal notices or author attributions in that material or in the Appropriate Legal Notices displayed by works containing it"

Quote:

I think it's a pity that the work of many developers volunteering a lot of work for you are not recognized. I'm interested in your opinion? I'm wondering if I should write a license demanding this one sentence. What do you think about Open Source and the GPL? Can you understand my view?

You are not the first person to have this view and plenty of developers have thought about these issues before you ever did. There are many licenses that specifically cover copyright attribution. So, there is really no practical need for anybody to write a custom license to address this specific issue.
  • »04.11.18 - 09:38