• ASiegel
    Quote:

sojuniter wrote:
    I dont say PIP is necessisary for Abiword.

In the shared screenshot, it literally says: "Also for the port of Abiword is PIP needed."

This is what I was commenting on. PIP might be helpful but it is most likely not needed.

Quote:

I love to use Abiword and many Plugins are using python, also some render scripts are running in Python. Porting Abiword instaed of other Software like Libre Office has the reason of simplicity.

Well, I am not advocating for a port of Libre Office (unless it could be done easily). That said, I think it is worth pointing out that you are comparing a word processor to a comprehensive office suite. If you would like to create a presentation or work on a spreadsheet, then Abiword is obviously not a substitute for an office suite such as Libre Office.

Quote:

It is realy complicated to get the open office / libre office engine running on morphos/mui. Also many of the integrated services like the plug'in installation and update service also like the integrated macro language are very extensive. To port all these things is not an Projekt to start at as team of 2 Persons for an Hobby. Also Libre Office is very resource consuming.

When I tested it recently, it ran fairly well on MacOS PowerPC actually.
  • »18.10.18 - 18:04