• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    SoundSquare
    Very nice demo, impressive work !

I still think ARM would have been a better option, i can't figure out how the MorphOS team will deal with the hundreds of different configs, dozens of processors, gfx cards, motherboards etc..
    Unless they give a very specific (and limited) hardware & brand list for MorphOS amd64 but with the risk again of having an outdated configuration within a few months, with hardware that will become hard to find as this market is moving so fast, not mentioning using a very generic PC without a personality. The MorphOS team simply doesn't have the ressources to cope with such a market.

I usually feel emotionally attached to my special machines, the old Amigas, the way i felt for the Pegasos, and even these old G4 Macs. I will never feel anything for a taiwanese PC.

A hobby OS such as MorphOS should stick to an emblematic machine, such as the Raspberry Pie, to ensure ease of access, purchase, support, and availability.

But i guess it will need a powerful CPU just to make sure we can use legacy MorphOS PPC apps and 68k apps. So much horsepower that will mostly be used to translate code and i understand the ARM chips are not powerful enough to do it yet (about the PPC emulator). I will probably still use MorphOS PCC until my machines die, but for now i'm not interested in building an AMD/Intel PC for MorphOS.

But i'm just an old fart babbling, i'm still very impressed by Bigfoot's work and the team in general, only expressing my concern. Amazing job guys.
  • »14.10.19 - 15:19