• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:

BTCP was probably the ugliest fork I've seen. It forked from Zclassic, which dropped like 98% overnight. Zclassic at least had major exchange listings, which BTCP does not to this day (at least check). The corpse of ZCL is being raised from the dead once again for another hard fork in the coming months with "Anonymous Bitcon". I'm growing increasingly leery of all these forks.

You are speaking from a (disappointed?) investor's perspective in a generally crashing environment. I am however speaking about technology. Two different perspectives that are commonly mixed up and confused.

But since you mention "Anonymous Bitcoin", that's a scam if you ask me. People behind it are kind of known to have lost a lot of ZCL-money post BTCP fork since they didn't understand the coin would drop like a stone. They are now trying to pump ZCL in the name of "Anonymous Bitcoin Fork" so that they can drop their bags onto someone else.

The developers of Bitcoin Private were the ones who resurrected the long-dead Zclassic coin, updated and bugfixed its core, wallets and network. Brought the Electrum wallet to it. All this as a base for the initial Bitcoin Private fork. Since then, the coin is re-basing to the proper Bitcoin v0.16 instead. Going "Bitcoin" for real (unlike Zclassic). This is what my original post was about.

I have seen videos from "Anonymous Bitcoin" folks. In all of them, the code that is shown on "developers" computer screens is early Bitcoin Private code based on Zclassic. Good luck to them in their bear-market re-branding effort.

Quote:

On cryptocurrency itself. Original Bitcoin is not going anywhere. I have problems with the Bitcoin Core team, but it seems the market is speaking on what will remain top dog. During this consolidation period all of the Altcoins are suffering much worse than Bitcoin.

Nothing is replacing Bitcoin as an investment instrument. But it's completely dysfunctional as a currency. Two separate things IMHO. Bitcoin Private is building infrastructure to function as money, for payments. That's the ambition, where a lot of efforts are invested. Real-life utility, coming from the fact that *it doesn't* have Bitcoin's ridiculously open block chain, while actually being based on the latest top-notch Bitcoin technology, having easy access to its entire eco-system.
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »10.08.18 - 21:34