• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote: After the fonts have been initialized, which happens rarely, Odyssey should start up pretty much instantly.

That's what I expected to happen, but right from the first time I used it after installation from the disc, and adjusting the preferences as they have been on v1.23 and v1.24, and swapping the empty bookmarks file with my own bookmarks list from v1.23, which I have done from one installation to the next, I had to wait about 5 to 6 minutes for OWB to release the best part of being able to use any my MorphOS "system:", like opening a partition or directory, and I couldn't access any website until the HDD activity had completed. The CPU activity did not seem high, just HDD.

As I've said I sent a "bug report" in, but I've not had a reply about it as yet.

I didn't do anything to affect the installation from the disc, if that's even possible, to carry out an Update Installation.

Having said that, I am typing this message from OWB v1.25 loaded from the MorphOSBoot disc, and I wanted the correct phrase for the "Update Installation", so I clicked on "Installation", to get that from the Installer/First Flight, and after a few seconds I got an error requester, once it had loaded the next Installation page, and the pop-up error requester said, something like, "Please insert volume ijh" - which I don't have, and I have to say that was a bit weird, so I chose "Deny" for that action. Then I got a second requester of another weirdly named volume to insert, which again I don't have, so again that was denied, and then the First Flight 2nd Installation page - with the blue checked parachute/boxes in the upper section, and the options New Installation / Update Installation were offered. I cancelled all that, seeing as I had found the phrase I was after - "Update Installation"
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote: You could try to boot from CD, start Odyssey from MorphOSBoot:Applications/OWB (i.e. from the CD) and then start Folio from your harddisk. What happens?

Folio starts as it did before when I had v3.9 running, but I don't think I tried to use Folio anytime after I had installed v3.10.

I think I may have done my v3.10 installation with a MorphOSBoot disc that had my keyfile injected with RegisterISO v1.1 - which I subsequently found out was affecting the disc in some way when the utility ran its processes. I cannot think that my current MorphOSBoot disc, that has my keyfile injected using RegisterISO v1.2 has affected my current v3.11 Installation of MorphOS, but I cannot know for sure if it has, I suppose.

UPDATE: I have copied the OWB directory directly from the v3.11 MorphOSBoot disc over my installed OWB v1.25 from the v3.11 "Update Installation" process, and then copied over my bookmarks, and OWB seems to startup as everyone else is enjoying it to be, which has got to be good news for me.

AND . . . Folio is now working . . . a "tick" in "local storage" in the Settings/Privacy seems to have done the trick. :-)

[ Edited by NewSense 15.07.2018 - 06:32 ]
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »15.07.18 - 01:29