• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    NewSense
    I seem to remember that a non-PostScript model of HP printer will work as a PostScript printer - as long as you fit the correct PostScript SIMM in the printer.

I remember a few years ago owning a HP 5 Color LaserJet printer (the non PS model - identified by having the "M" in the title - i.e. HP5M) and when I fitted the PostScript SIMM in the memory slot it then worked as the HP5M PS Colour Laser Jet printer and printed documents out in glorious PostScript quality - and on that basis the HP6 may be possible to "enhance" it with PS capabilitiy if you can acquire a PS SIMM for the memory slot of that model.

Bear in mind that this is NOT a guarantee that this will work, but for the cost of acquiring a PS SIMM for this printer it may wel be worth the outlay to try it out, and if it does work, report back here for others to be aware of. 8-D

[EDIT] This seems to be what to look for - if you want to try this option

HP-LaserJet-6P-Printer-Postscript-Level-2-Module-1MB-Memory-C3987-60001
    Mac Mini 1.5GHz, Model 10.2, 64MB VRam, 250GB HDD, 1GB RAM, Airport, Bluetooth, Wireless Keyboard & Mouse, DVD-RW-DL+CD-RW, Iomega MiniMax, Belkin 6 port 3 x Firewire/3 x USB2, MorphOS 3.9, Mac OS X 10.4 & 10.5 & A1138 Powerbook MOS v3.9, Model 5,8 (Also
  • »21.05.18 - 03:55