Yokemate of Keyboards
    Jim
    Quote:

Intuition wrote:
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

Intuition wrote:
    Jim, your opinions on EU regulations are irrelevant.

You can spout them all you like, still makes no difference.

RE: Your comment about "legal system experience", ROFLMAO.

If you ever want mates rates on training just let me know. 20% discount for you.

Hardly, unlike most of you I'm an business executive, I have a BS in Business Management and I am pursuing an MBA. Its likely at some point that I'll have earned my doctorate.

And, btw,ALL business is global.
    Your comment about "civilized" countries offends me Nik.

And as far as the legal system, unlike many of you, I have past educational experience with legal issues, I had worked with lawyers (and btw have quite a bit of respect for them), and I have worked for companies that keep lawyers on retainer, also my own personal lawyer is one the the most highly regarded in my state.

What IS laughable are the statements made by uninformed laymen that view the legal system with such trepidation. It really ISN'T that scary, and it exist to protect your interests as well as the interests of others.

Oh, and to "match" educational levels with any of you...I had 180 credits at the University of Delaware (that did not include credit for course they considered duplicates, or the 9 credits at Delaware State University, or the course work I did for several certificates), BEFORE I completed to 60 credits necessary to earn my BS in Business Management.
    I've earned quite a few more at the graduate level since then studying for the MBA.

I'm also a trained Sou Chef, and I've held past licensed certifications by the US Merchant Marine.

Discounting formal education, I did work study during High School with Dr. Fred Hoffstter at the University of Delaware working on touch screen based Plato networked computers that were tied to an early version of the internet in the late '70's.

I'm self taught in the fields of electronics, computer science and programming, managed a company that built 68K computers from the '80s to the early '90s (that used a BETTER operating system than Amiga OS in my opinion), and contributed to both the hardware and software designs of our later machines.

SO, I am here because I deeply respect the abilities of the core developers of MorphOS (who are definitely smarter, and more accomplished software designers than myself) and because I believe MorphOS is a remarkable operating system.
    And I couldn't care fuck less about Amiga OS.

None of this is hubris, I've worked pretty damned hard, and if you think you can match that, produce YOUR curriculum vitae.

I'm not laughing here myself, I'm dismayed at one of my friend's inability to admit that his reaction was overblown and that instead he'd rather attack me than address the issue.

"My penis is massive and I'm really rich" eh?

Your country disgusts me and most other civilized people but that's for another thread.

We have laws and we abide by them Jim. Unlike you I understand GDPR because I am CTO of a company that provides training to GDPR consultants.

Go have another drink and calm down.

No Nik, glad to see your sense of humor is intact, because after posting that I was worried I'd pissed off an old friend.

Actually, my penis is about average (read adequate at 7" when erect) and thanks to massive educational spending and loans I'm quite poor.
    As far as my country, that IS for another thread, since our entire legal system was lifted...oh yeah, from the country you live in.
    And trust me, a large part of the world regards the British with equal disdain.

Oh, and I STILL have more education than you.

Beyond that, I work with multi-nationals from several locations.
    "Great" Britain we tend to ignore, since useful products or vital services no longer seems to originate from that country, other parts of the Commonwealth...like Canada (and many other countries), hey, great trading partners.
    Come to think of it, we probably have a significantly better trading relationship with Canada, Mexico, Germany,and lots of other countries including China (our biggest trading partner).

So while your country decides to exclude itself from the Union, do many of your countrymen realize just how irrelevant the core/founding nation of the commonwealth really is in the modern world?

BTW - What does ANY of this have to do with Wiktor's issue (which he seems to have resolved himself)?
    Andre really ought to lock this thread as its gotten stupid and overtly melodramatic.
    And I can't absolve myself from partial responsibility for this, but then I usual ignore attacks from strangers, its those from my friends I feel obligated to address.

BTW - To all, just visit the US, don't mistake the actions of our captains of industry or our politicians as a representation of its people. Like Europe, this is a very cool place.
    And unlike almost any other country, we have a multiplicity of cultures.

Oh, and I rarely drink anymore, never smoked, don't do drugs, and I'm not a womanizer.
    So my only real vices are that I'm not a reserved, polite person, and I'm too opinionated.

[ Edited by Jim 29.04.2018 - 21:39 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »30.04.18 - 02:33