• Just looking around
    Karlos
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Thanks Karlos, I think I mentioned I'd rather forgo Java entire myself awhile ago.
    It is a sorry product.

Just to be clear, I'm talking about JavaScript here. Java is a whole different kettle of fish but is a reasonable compiled language with a pretty solid implementation.

JavaScript is fine as a tool to enhance UX on web applications. The horror began when it became the web application. Then before you know it, the insanity spread to the servers too. Monstrous orgies of anonymous closures and event triggers running on top of huge unvetted assemblies installed by node package manager. And all this in a language whose non-transitive comparisons and implicit type conversions make php look good. And trust me, it isn't. JavaScript is single handedly destroying software engineering as a discipline as it spreads it's way like a cancer, out of the sandboxed interpreter in your browser to infrastructure. Once you have v8 or similar, node will be poeted and the floodgate for the unstoppable tsunami of s****e will e opened and your beautiful resource efficient OS will be drowned beneath it as people start writing applications and heaven forbid, system components out of it.
    I came here to chew bubblegum and (watch Kenny) kick (brexitor) ass. And I'm all out of bubblegum.
  • »29.04.18 - 19:04