Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

Intuition wrote:
    Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

Papiosaur wrote:
    I'm agree this you too, bigfoot realize many efforts and i'm ok to tranfert the bounty directly to him too.

Well everybody?
    Input?

That sounds like a good plan, transferring it to Papi, then after a period during which those that request it can retrieve their funds, and finally providing the remainder to Mark.

That would open up Pampers to criminal charges in most European nations. I'd be surprised if that was legal in the US too.

Criminal charges? No, that would not be the case in the US. Wiktor has only collected money for a bounty. What would be important are the terms.
    It doesn't even sound like all the donations have been tracked or recorded.

And if a return is offered and it's not requested within a reasonable time frame...
    What's Pampers supposed to do? Hold on to the funds indefinately? The same with Papi.

Weird, Europeans think it's odd that US courts still want Roman Polanski, but you're saying that paying on an incomplete contract will get someone arrested.
    No sir, maybe in Europe, but not here.

Didn't Bernie Madoff take peoples money under terms of a contract then do something completely different with the money?

Apples and Oranges comparison, Madoff appropriated the funds.

Wiktor isn't planning on that, he's just offered to turn it over to a third party, and the third party has discussed the option of paying the bounty out even though the goal wasn't met (after a period of consideration for those that want a refund).

I have no idea what bizarre laws you and Andreas live under, or if either of you have ever studied legal issues, but you both sound paranoid.
    This isn't a business endeavor, it involves no established business entities, its a fund raising effort for a piece of software that would have been incorporated into something else and distributed for free.

Wiktor isn't a executive, or an officer of a bank or a financial institution, he's just individual.

At this point, if I were him, I'd make an attempt to contact the donors via their contact information to ask if they wanted a refund and after a reasonable period what ever part of it wasn't claimed I'd bank.

That way its accessible in the event some form of chaos occurs.

After all, wouldn't want Interpol knocking at his door one day. ;-)

Sorry Pampers, Papi...this is just off the rails.

Wiktor is the "Bernie Madoff" of the Amiga World, jeez titles like that were taken long ago.

Nik, Andreas...you two sound like children discussing the boogie man when you bring up legal issues.

[ Edited by Jim 27.04.2018 - 23:46 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »28.04.18 - 03:42