• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Tcheko
    Quote:

NewSense wrote:
    [...] and the Isochronous USB functionality which, for me so far, is a let down, as it doesn't work with my C-Media USB soundcard - it's recognised but not allocated audibly onto my system's audio resources, [...]

As I said in another thread. An ordinary and correctly implemented USB Audio Class device should work flawlessly if it does nothing fancy.

In your case, there's likely an hardware volume setting that is not handled by the operating system. And this hardware volume is set abysimally low by default.

After wandering 30s at the C-Media website, you'll see that almost every product of this company is provided with manufacturer drivers and also a wonderfull quote taken from a random C-Media product.

I can resist to share that gem:

"In addition, audio adjustment can be easily controlled via specific HID compliant volume control pins. For value added application, external codec or audio DSP can be connected to CM108AH via I2S pin for further processing. 3 GPIO pins can be accessed with customer application software for additional value added application."

Maybe your device pairs with HID class as well and exposes controllers there which might show as Volume Up/Volume Down. There, you might try to bind those HID controllers to some keyboard event for example.

Hope you'll sort out this specific feature of your USB sound card.

[ Edited by Tcheko 09.04.2018 - 12:13 ]
    Quelque soit le chemin que tu prendras dans la vie, sache que tu auras des ampoules aux pieds.
    -------
    I need to practice my Kung Fu.
  • »09.04.18 - 11:11
    Profile Visit Website