Cloanto sues Hyperion
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    Actually I have been around and watching the pain for years and it is unfortunate for sure.
    I just believe that we make things worse by constantly posting hugely negative posts. And no I don't believe in burying my head in the sand but I do think we need to have more decent reasonable conversations. So many of these bash Hyperion (or insert ANY Amiga branded company here) ends up with wild accusations being thrown in all directions. Some of them are correct and yet others are not.. (Just like the abovementioned statement that actually turned out to be DiscreetFX. And understand I am only mentioning that one as it is a very recent example, nothing more.

As for all of the Cloanto / Hyperion mess, if things were as simple as all of you are convinced it is there wouldn't be litigation in the first place. I see on a fairly regular basis examples of legalese and none of it is simple and nearly never easy to interpret.

Anyway, I think my disgust at the human race in general got to me and I responded to you folks maybe a bit more harshly than I should have.

I guess what I am really hoping for is reasonable conversation without the shit flinging.
    We have beaten this into the ground so let's move on from this part of the drama please..

There is enough drama in daily life and I try to frequent these forums to get away from al of that and hearken back to friendlier more enjoyable computing days. Days of the Amiga..

:O)
    "Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence." Quote from Rambo...
  • »09.11.18 - 13:49
  • Just looking around
    Alexco
    In my opinion, if you want to dry out this swamp of "criminal pseudo" companies you need to provide an alternative to their products which people can use.
    If AROS would be up to the task there would be no money gained by selling this old software. Also MorphOS for classic PPC would make Hyperion sweat.

All what then would be left is something like trademarks for boing balls, check marks, Amiga, Workbench, Kickstart, etc. I think people could live with that.
  • »10.11.18 - 10:56
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    > if things were as simple as all of you are convinced it is

Please do not lump together all commenters (see last sentence of comment #56 for instance).
  • »10.11.18 - 16:07
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    TheMagicM
    Quote:

outlawal2 wrote:
    I guess what I am really hoping for is reasonable conversation without the shit flinging.

We have beaten this into the ground so let's move on from this part of the drama please..

I've been around the Amiga for almost 30yrs, developed software run on an Amiga in a Automotive shop, was honored to be a part of Amiga.org when Wayne Hunt ran it, had the privilege of talking to BBRV in person (had his business here in Texas) and got a Peg board from BB. Then it all began with MorphOS...man..what an eye opener of an OS!! Then the drama between forums which I'll never forget/forgive, shit talking and now I just sit back and laugh at the karma.

LMAO. I've moved on from Amiga and just pop in here and there to see what MorphOS is up to and to laugh at any drama.

Hopefully Cloanto wins it all, everything. Amiga left to emulation and only one true OS to rule them all which is why we're allllllll here!

Good luck setting up that kumbaya moment...
  • »10.11.18 - 16:30
    Profile Visit Website
  • Cocoon
    Cocoon
    You truly have only one track my friend. Please try to READ all of the words typed not just the few you like. NOWHERE did I ever say anything about a Kumbaya moment, that derisiveness is all your own.

I have simply repeatedly asked for civil conversation... Something that you simply cannot seem to comprehend and your posts are exactly the kind of useless trolling that is truly not needed nor wanted.
    "Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence." Quote from Rambo...
  • »10.11.18 - 19:34
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    Hyperion and Ben Hermans needs to be cut off and removed from the Amiga body like the cancer they are. If a scalpel won’t work, then maybe a chain saw?
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »11.11.18 - 09:12