Cloanto sues Hyperion
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    terminills
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > Source and 24. October 23, 2019 Exec SG updates CORRECTION!

So the ones who "ignored the forest for the trees" and assumed that Trevor Dickinson purchased ExecSG as an individual were right, as it seems :-)

Touche I suppose :-)

But I think you missed the bigger point. Most of us looking at this see the distinction between A-Eonkit owning the IP, or Trevor personally, as semantics. The bigger point was that the Wonder Twins sold off their IP, despite the poorly worded vague denials to the contrary.

There's a major difference between Aeon and Trevor owning it and it's mainly financial control. ;)
  • »24.10.19 - 14:17
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> So the ones who "ignored the forest for the trees" and
    >> assumed that Trevor Dickinson purchased ExecSG as an
    >> individual were right, as it seems :-)

> I think you missed the bigger point.

I think you are dreaming up a bigger point where there is none in reality.

> The bigger point was that the Wonder Twins sold off their IP

And how exactly was I, assuming that they sold it to Trevor, "ignoring the forest for the trees" then?

> despite the poorly worded vague denials to the contrary

Can you link to such alleged denying that the Friedens sold ExecSG? Else, I must assume you dreamt this up as well.
  • »24.10.19 - 14:22
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    >> So the ones who "ignored the forest for the trees" and
    >> assumed that Trevor Dickinson purchased ExecSG as an
    >> individual were right, as it seems :-)

> I think you missed the bigger point.

I think you are dreaming up a bigger point where there is none in reality.

> The bigger point was that the Wonder Twins sold off their IP

And how exactly was I, assuming that they sold it to Trevor, "ignoring the forest for the trees" then?

> despite the poorly worded vague denials to the contrary

Can you link to such alleged denying that the Friedens sold ExecSG? Else, I must assume you dreamt this up as well.

quick highlights from part 1 of day 1 Devcon

• »24.10.19 - 14:51
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    >> Can you link to such alleged denying that the Friedens sold ExecSG?

> quick highlights from part 1 of day 1 Devcon

Denial not found.

I never said there was a denial. I merely addressed a link to you because I thought you would possibly be interested in the content. My apologies.

• »24.10.19 - 16:58
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >>>> Can you link to such alleged denying that the Friedens sold ExecSG?

>>> quick highlights from part 1 of day 1 Devcon

>> Denial not found.

> I never said there was a denial. I merely addressed a link to you
    > because I thought you would possibly be interested in the content.

To me it looks like you quoted a question of mine and gave an answer I could not make sense of. Maybe just put @username above the reply instead of quoting anything unrelated to avoid confusion. But thanks for the link. It's interesting and spares me the pain of listening to ssolie ;-)
  • »24.10.19 - 18:57
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    So to summarise, Trevor was the bullshitter. Bullshit by sophistry, in this case.
  • »24.10.19 - 19:41
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    >>>> Can you link to such alleged denying that the Friedens sold ExecSG?

>>> quick highlights from part 1 of day 1 Devcon

>> Denial not found.

> I never said there was a denial. I merely addressed a link to you
    > because I thought you would possibly be interested in the content.

To me it looks like you quoted a question of mine and gave an answer I could not make sense of. Maybe just put @username above the reply instead of quoting anything unrelated to avoid confusion. But thanks for the link. It's interesting and spares me the pain of listening to ssolie ;-)

Totally my fault. I was in a hurry. @thread would have worked too I guess.

• »24.10.19 - 19:57
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    >> I think the main reason for lack of mainstream coverage is the
    >> lack of an official press release by Cloanto and/or Amiga Inc.

> Agree. That is where it should/would begin.

Maybe imminent?

http://www.amiwest.net/amiwest2019blog/#sect25.
  • »25.10.19 - 15:22
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    >> I think the main reason for lack of mainstream coverage is the
    >> lack of an official press release by Cloanto and/or Amiga Inc.

> Agree. That is where it should/would begin.

Maybe imminent?

http://www.amiwest.net/amiwest2019blog/#sect25.

As I do not see Mike specifically mentioned on the
    show schedule
    This could mean at the banquet, in private, or almost anything atm.

btw-amidst all the AmiWest talk, this kinda got overlooked:
    for what it's worth

• »25.10.19 - 16:27
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    Andreas_Wolf
    Update:

> What I find surprising is that GART support would fall in the domain of ExecSG.
    > I would have located this within the graphics framework.

Mystery resolved. kas1e, who managed to watch all 2 hours, explains that what the ExecSG team lead calls GART is not real GART but the usual kernel DMA that's been implemented on the X1000 for ages but is still missing on the X5000.

https://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=43473&forum=14&start=60#828212

Reminds me of those "eggheads" and their "textbook implementation of SMP" ;-)
  • »25.10.19 - 21:56
  • Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    number6
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > As I do not see Mike specifically mentioned on the
    show schedule
    > This could mean at the banquet, in private, or almost anything atm.

Meanwhile, Battilana's Amiga 34 presentation:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUD7y5mpTao

I realize AmiWest does not hold the same level of interest here as on Amigaworld. That being said...
    There are plenty of threads on Amigaworld to discuss various topics.

Otherwise, the basic info and a/v information for those who wish to follow the show:
    Here

• »26.10.19 - 15:18
    KennyR
    AmiWest needs to be retired.

That is all.
  • »26.10.19 - 18:58
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

number6 wrote:

I realize AmiWest does not hold the same level of interest here as on Amigaworld. That being said...
    There are plenty of threads on Amigaworld to discuss various topics.

Otherwise, the basic info and a/v information for those who wish to follow the show:
    Here

Slogged through about as much as I could handle. They are dangling the SMP carrot again? :smh:
  • »26.10.19 - 21:12
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    Acill
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:

That is all.

No, not really. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean those of us that do and have a great time at it every year need to give up on it.
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCI-X (Registration #1894)
    Powerbook 1.67GHZ
    Powermac Dual 2.0 GHZ G5 PCIE (Registration #6130)
    A4000T CSPPC, Mediator
    Need Repairs, upgrades or a recap in the USA? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com
  • »27.10.19 - 14:44
    Profile Visit Website
    KennyR
    Quote:

Acill wrote:
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:

That is all.

No, not really. Just because you dont like it doesnt mean those of us that do and have a great time at it every year need to give up on it.

Then quit trying to pretend it's a show, or in any way part of the Amiga calendar. It's a club meeting, and may not even be the biggest. And clearly now among even those few companies who still cater to Amiga users, most avoid it.

The contrast between Amiga34 (800 people over two days) and the typical October farce webstream of empty seats and powerpoints full of 2014's old promises is just excruciating.
  • »27.10.19 - 14:52
  • ASiegel
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:
    Then quit trying to pretend it's a show, or in any way part of the Amiga calendar.

But it still is; as evidenced by the level of participation in Amiwest discussions on forums.

Even during the Amiga's heydays, AmiWest has alwas been a relatively small event but the organizers have been on top of the "social media game" way before the term "social media" even existed, which is something worth acknowledging.

There is more video footage of MorphOS being discussed at Amiwest on the internet than there is of MorphOS being discussed at Amiga34, Amiga32, and Amiga30 combined.
  • »27.10.19 - 15:23
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    outlawal2
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:

Then quit trying to pretend it's a show, or in any way part of the Amiga calendar. It's a club meeting, and may not even be the biggest. And clearly now among even those few companies who still cater to Amiga users, most avoid it.

The contrast between Amiga34 (800 people over two days) and the typical October farce webstream of empty seats and powerpoints full of 2014's old promises is just excruciating.

Kenny you are so full of shit people can hardly wade through it all. NEWSFLASH buddy.. You are not the only person on this and other boards, and you are not the end all be all of opinions . You do not represent anyone other than your own short sided views so stop publishing Bullshit statements like those you just uttered. If you don't like Amiwest fine don't go. But STFU about it as no one else wants to hear your crap. There are MANY people that enjoy Amiwest and there are multiple hardware and software providers that attend. Dude, just shut up already
    "Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence." Quote from Rambo...
  • »28.10.19 - 15:03
    Stevo
    Quote:

outlawal2 wrote:

Kenny you are so full of shit people can hardly wade through it all. NEWSFLASH buddy.. You are not the only person on this and other boards, and you are not the end all be all of opinions . You do not represent anyone other than your own short sided views so stop publishing Bullshit statements like those you just uttered. If you don't like Amiwest fine don't go. But STFU about it as no one else wants to hear your crap. There are MANY people that enjoy Amiwest and there are multiple hardware and software providers that attend. Dude, just shut up already

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/many
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »28.10.19 - 15:23
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    outlawal2
    Quote:

Stevo wrote:
    Quote:

outlawal2 wrote:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/many

And Exactly what is your point Stevo? Are you trying to say that there aren't many people interested? So all of the people that attended and all of the people watching the videos and all of the people asking questions don't count. Is that your expert opinion? You and Kenny cut from the same mold?
  • »28.10.19 - 15:39
  • ASiegel
    @outlawal2

Please refrain from attempting to silence community members. KennyR posted a harsh comment but he did not bully other users providing contradicting viewpoints. I am afraid I cannot say the same about you.
  • »28.10.19 - 16:47
  • Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    redrumloa
    Quote:

ASiegel wrote:
    @outlawal2

Please refrain from attempting to silence community members. KennyR posted a harsh comment but he did not bully other users providing contradicting viewpoints. I am afraid I cannot say the same about you.

He's also not the only one with a net-negative opinion of AmiWest. It is nice that they are no longer smearing people interested in MorphOS. Still, it is primarily a time-share type presentation for OS4 related projects. From photos I've seen of recent years, it doesn't seem to draw many more people these days than my local retro club (less than 2 years old) that meets every 2 months.

As a matter of fact, my local retro club is discussing doing an Amiga centric meet one of these days. I wouldn't be too surprised if we draw more than Amiwest.
  • »28.10.19 - 17:54
  • Butterfly
    Butterfly
    outlawal2
    Well of course since it doesn't meet your expectations and Kenny's then it has no value, right?
    I am beginning to remember why I walked away from the Amiga scene years ago. This "community" continues to bash anything and everything that doesn't fit their tiny little view of the world.

As if this community wasn't tiny enough, now folks like you bash what little life left there is in Amiga World.

And for the record I appreciate the fact that someone tries to put an event on in the USA because there are many of us here in the US that can't make it to Germany or the UK for a hobby.

But I am all too aware that you and Kenny don't care about anything other than your own opinions and will try to bury the Amiga community completely.

You are both doing a fine job of it too..
  • »28.10.19 - 18:19
    Stevo
    Quote:

outlawal2 wrote:
    ...This "community" continues to bash anything and everything that doesn't fit their tiny little view of the world....

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/irony
    ---
    http://www.iki.fi/sintonen/logs/its_only_football.txt
  • »28.10.19 - 18:29