• Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    KennyR
    Quote:

outlawal2 wrote:
    So exactly what is the number required to make it "Worthwhile" to the O great Kenny?
    I mean you clearly must be the expert in all things Amiga, right?

And I suppose you feel that everyone World-Wide should drop everything and fly to the other side of the world or just not attend anything, right?

GENIUS!

I have found the REAL reason Amiga Land is nearly dead.

The reason loads of people went to Amiga34 is because it demoed new hardware, namely the Vampire. The reason hardly anyone went to AmiWest is because Trevor's powerpoints are the exact same bullshit that we've been reading since 2009. They're like boring holiday snaps, except they're a holiday he's planning to go to, and has been for a decade...

The real reason Amiga Land is nearly dead is because people are sick of listening to empty promises and bullshit while near-penniless companies squat on IP and stop anyone else with money, imagination or energy from doing anything with it.

I hear the Checkmate case has been cancelled. That wasn't because people said nasty things about it in forums. That's because an actual doer is being sat upon by the same old bullshitters who don't want to see anything new in Amiga land unless it's theirs, but are too mired in corruption or legal scandals to do anything themselves.
  • »28.10.19 - 17:48