• Butterfly
    Butterfly
    outlawal2
    Quote:

redrumloa wrote:
    Quote:

KennyR wrote:
    Ben's had better times to leave and he hasn't taken them. I doubt he will now. OS4 is dead, but he can still make money from 3.1.4.

I'd guess anyone who would actually pay for 3.1.4 has already bought it. There is a percentage of the Kommunity that will buy anything with an "Amiga" label the moment it comes out. After that? Probably close to nill. The rest of the Kommunity would just pirate it if they wanted to try it out. It seems to offer very little compared to OS3.9 from an end user perspective.

Also, despite what some others think here, I think 3.1.4 will be deemed a pirate release by the courts.

"It seems to offer very little compared to OS3.9 from an end user perspective. "

That is not true at all. It offers the ability to install the OS to 68000 thru 68060 with large disks, large filenames and every fix rolled up without having to manually run a dozen fixes and boing bags and the rest of the crap it used to take to install the OS. You can continue to hate on whomever you like but don't talk crap about the product as it DOES provide considerable value especially to folks just getting into Amigas for the first time. FAR better experience installing 3.1.4 and having it work rather than dicking around with all of the "tweaks" required before.

And your other erroneous statement about folks pirating it is ridiculous as well as you have to have the ROM installed to use it... So clearly you have never used it and have no idea what you are talking about.

<smh>

[ Edited by outlawal2 09.08.2019 - 13:07 ]
    "Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence." Quote from Rambo...
  • »09.08.19 - 19:06