• vox
  • Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
    vox
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    X5000 & A1222 drivers??? I'm still waiting for a working driver for my X1000 on board Ethernet adapter! In addition to the mythical AmigaOS4.2, that I strongly doubt will ever be completed "as described when the X1000 was first released, or when my particular X1000 was produced and sold to me".

As much as I like Trevor and Matthew at A-Eon, I think they have a responsibility to complete a working driver for the X1000's on board Ethernet adapter, before moving on to their later motherboard designs.

I used to like them, before experiencing their products.

SAM460 does not have a DMA for onbaord SATA even today in AmigaOS driver.
    I feel your x1000 anger, as I have one. Add Timberwolf and LibreOffice to the story,
    as well as software AEON licensed (Octamed, ImageFX ...) but hasnt even put to sale.

Sadly, same thing happens again with x5000 net/audio drivers upon release, and seems A1222 is delayed so long maybe to be first fully supported after SAM440 and A1 XEs.

And yet so far I have paid OS 4.1 beta with x1000, prepaid OS 4.2, purchased OS 4.1 Final and Enhancer, not to mention OS4 Classic and OS4 SAM440/460 that I do own also.

Such company deserves class lawsuit by owners, as delivering unfinished products (in software terms).

But, someties, corporate fights do their own magic. If there werent nice and taleneted people like porting Tower 57 or AmiKit package, Apollo Team, MorphOS team, some strange AROS experiments like Vision and AEROS etc. magic would be long gone. Cloanto is a bit all around but retro preservation package.
    ------------------------------------------
    iMac G5 1GB with MorphOS and MacOS X
    Lame PC with AmiKit XE
    YT channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdHl_msNWHEVPf229h_gijQ
    Telegram Amiga group: https://t.me/amigaranchorelaxo
  • »18.03.18 - 22:41