• Just looking around
    Ameega
    Quote:

Korni wrote:
    Years ago I had some issues with antivirus software, but then connection sharing in Windows didn't work at all. Try with Linux maybe.

But the thing is that it DOES work flawlessly for a while, but then just cuts out. Dead, Jim.

Regarding using Linux, there are 3rd party services on the server that only run on Windows. Linux really isn't an option.

Quote:

KennyR wrote:
    You could track down the issue by installing Wireshark on the PC, then watching what traffic comes over the MorphOS IP address whenever you try to access a website.

Have you tried bridging the connection on Windows as well?

I would imagine that once it cuts out, there's nothing coming over the IP address, since MorphOS can't even PING anything (not even on LAN) by that point.

I can try bridging the connections - might that cause issues with having different IP address schemes (172.16.x.x vs 192.168.x.x) for the two LAN networks?

Quote:

jacadcaps wrote:
    configure a static ip on MorphOS, it could be some dhcp lease issue - you can always try „netconfig autoconfig” in a shell to restart dhcp if the 60s cutoff happens.

MorphOS already has a static IP address. All machines on my network have static IPs to avoid conflicts etc.

I'll try 'netconfig autoconfig' and post here when I get the chance - but thats somewhat of a band-aid rather than a solution.

[ Edited by Ameega 18.01.2018 - 21:04 ]
  • »18.01.18 - 11:48