• Just looking around
    Ameega
    Hi everyone. I'm having an odd issue with networking on MorphOS 3.9 on a PowerMac G4.

I know for a fact this isn't a hardware issue, because using OSX Tiger or OS9 on the SAME G4 machine works fine.

I have my network configured correctly, and have tested several other machines/OS'es flawlessly with same/similar configurations - even OSX on the same machine.

Upon booting MorphOS I can indeed view web pages etc in OWB. However, it usually isn't long before the headaches start.

The issue: Regardless of any open applications and after anything from 60 seconds to a few minutes (apparently randomly), all networking seems to just die/stop for no apparent reason without any errors. Can't view web pages. Can't access FTP. Can't resolve any hostnames. I can't even PING anything. Only thing I can do is reboot, rinse and repeat. OWB hangs at "sending request" at this point, naturally.

I have tried using the Chrysalis package and using a vanilla install. With the Chrysalis package, using 'restart network' from the menu bar has no apparent effect. Changing network settings (such as IP address to reset network etc) also has no effect. Once the network is dead, its dead until reboot.

Any suggestions appreciated, as I'm hitting a wall over this one.

Thanks.

[ Edited by Ameega 12.12.2017 - 02:17 ]
  • »11.12.17 - 14:36