• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Acill wrote:
    Having to setup before isnt bad. I get in Friday afternoon and have been able to get my table all setup and unload my things well in time for the show Saturday. i also get in on Saturday about 8:30 am to get things going beore they let the public in at 10am. Its been plenty of time for me.

Hello Paul, and everyone else reading this thread. Sorry I could not attend AmiWest 2018 (or 2017 as well), I will make every effort to attend the 2019 AmiWest Show, and if I can get a little help from other members of MorphZone, and the MorphOS Dev. Team members, I will try to prepare better in advance of the show. Getting prepared months in advance I think is the key to providing a better presentation, because all of us are busy with "real life issues", and something always seems to come up to interrupt preparations at the last moment, so preparing long in advance makes the unexpected easier to deal with.

I don't know if the main problems with poor Internet connectivity via the hotel can be resolved, as getting a temporary 2 or 3 day connection of a good quality and wide bandwidth, is very expensive, and hard to set up, as we found out with the Amiga 30 event in Mountain View, California a few years ago. I will attempt to check to find out if obtaining such temporary Internet service is feasible for the entire show, and ask if the expense is something that all organizations and individuals renting tables want to share the cost of, but I am not optimistic that anything has changed significantly within the last several years.

Without better Internet connectivity, a remote presentation by one or more of the MorphOS Dev. Team members would probably be a waste of their time, and just an exercise in futility. If any of the Dev. Team members, or just a single user, or group of users, wish to prepare a prerecorded video presentation for the 2019 AmiWest Show, I would be happy to make sure it is scheduled, and any needed equipment to display it will be available.

I understand that most, if not all, of the Dev. Team members, are very busy with their work, personal lives, and the few hours per month that they can dedicate to working on new MorphOS code, so I don't expect any of them to spend additional time, working on making a video presentation for any computer show, specially one that is so far away that it is difficult, or impossible for them to attend easily. We have many talented and passionate users, who should be able to create such a video presentation, given almost a full year to work on it in their spare time.

Again, sorry I have not been able to attend AmiWest the last 2 or 3 years, but I plan to be there next year, and I an asking for the whole MorphOS community to help make the presence of MorphOS at next year's show one of the best there has ever been. I am open to any and all suggestions, and hoping that Paul/Aciil will also be attending next year's show, and will help me represent MorphOS. There is much more interest in MorphOS at AmiWest than most MorphOS users and developers realize.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »23.10.18 - 02:33