• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    Spectre660
    Both OSes have/will have gaps at various points.
    The MorphOS gap is currently in newer cards and the AmigaOS 4.1 gap in older cards .
    A-Eon had two different developers working on initial 3D support .
    Support for cards in the Radeon HD5000-6000 series has not borne fruit.
    Support for the Radeon HD 7000 series and beyond is producing a fine crop.
    It has taken 5 years to reach this stage from the start of the attempt for the Radeon HD5000-6000 Series 3D up to Warp 3DNova for radeon SI cards .
    Two different 3D product have been produced. Warp3D SI and Warp3D Nova(SI).
    There is also a wrapper for Warp3D via the more advanced Warp3D Nova in the works by another developer.
    This will atomically be able to take advantage of the full graphics memory of the video card introduced in the version of the RadeonHD 3.x driver and should also result in much better performance for Warp3D software including existing binaries.

There will be more fun when we have an overlap in 2D and 3D support for the same cards by the the two Oses .

Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    > If the GCN cards vended with the X5000 perform significantly better under OS4
    > than say a high end Northern Islands , I'd be somewhat surprised.

At least in terms of 3D acceleration the GCN cards perform infinitely better ;-)

> support for Northern Islands under OS4 is pretty good

See my previous comment.

Wow, good thing I'm not running OS4, or for that matter an HD 6870.
    I'll probably initially use either an HD 8490 or an HD 6750.

"2D Driver with compositing" I guess they really don't have better Northern Islands support than that.

So we'll have 3D from the R200 up to Terascale 3, and then hopefully we'll see similar support for GCN cards.

While they have a huge gap in their 3D support.

Curious.

[ Edited by Spectre660 27.10.2017 - 20:58 ]
  • »28.10.17 - 00:54