Priest of the Order of the Butterfly
Posts: 915 from 2004/2/8
Without anyone ever really addressing the elephant in the room, why are we not going to support the final, best PPC Mac?
1. The standard configuration contains incompatible gfx card, and we don't like flashing;
2. Some additional drivers are required, mainly Ethernet;
3. Some additional coding/hacking/reverse engineering the hardware is required, e.g. fan control, CPU voltage etc;
4. Who needs another PPC anyway? x64 support is nigh!
5. Did I say we don't like flashed gfx cards?
(above points - well, except for the number 4 - are a summary of my correspondence with some of the MorphOS team members)