Jim
    Quote:

hooligan wrote:
    Quote:

takemehomegrandma wrote:
    Blade Runner 2049.

Wow!

Go see it! :-)

I have never liked the original Blade runner.. I own the movie and have seen it 3-4 times. But I am open minded will go to see it next wednesday. Almost three hours... better be some fucking good entertainment there.

You may be in for a disappointment then. It looks like they really catered to the fans of the original movie, and at the same time created something that may not encourage multiple viewings (as the plot looks less layered and complex).

Visually it looks spot on though, and I'll pay to revisit that world again, even with my disagreements with the treatment.

Sorry to chime up again so quick. This stuff is as much a part of my make up as loud music and electronics.

I remember being a Radio Shack manager in the 80's and seeing my first electronic Bible concordance.
    The searchability and other functions made me think of Dick's description of a 'holographic Bible' that was different depending on what angle you looked through it.

Look, the rough edges aren't important, there were MORE in Phil's stories.
    It's the anologies and the perspectives introduced in the plots.

Almost everything that has been made from this guy's writing has been pretty good, except maybe for Screamers and Minority Report.
    And that last one? Tom Cruise? And then they try to make the precogs some kind of heroes. Just wrong.

[ Edited by Jim 07.10.2017 - 09:21 ]
    "Never attribute to malice what can more readily explained by incompetence"
  • »07.10.17 - 13:19