• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    takemehomegrandma
    @NewSense

Just like you, I’m a true fan of the original. I have three versions on BluRay, watched it perhaps 20-30 times. I have all versions of the sound track, including the unofficial bootlegs. I’d say it’s the best movie of all times, all categories. In short, the movie has meant a lot to me.

So I was deeply very worried when I heard they were planning a sequel. It didn’t help that I first learned about it just after having seen the Prometeus “Alien” movie, which I thought was a huge disappointment. A disaster really, that kind of destroyed the whole Alien franchise by defiling (rather: pissing all over) the legacy of the original two films. I was afraid that a new Blade Runner movie would do the same to the original movie.

But it didn’t.

Their analysis of Blade Runner, of what things made the film so great, was accurate. The moods, the atmospheres. The dystopia. The pace! The film is 2 hours 43 minutes long, and had it been shorter it would have disrupted the pace, and it would have been a worse experience. They truly understood the original, and they treated it with respect. For example: While it is a SciFi film about the future, I like the fact that the film in a way builds on some *1982* vision of a future, despite being a 2017 movie about 2049. It’s in the details, and I think you’ll appreciate it. :-)

Perhaps Blade Runner isn’t for everyone. But if you loved the original, you will really like this one as well. It will by no means replace or eclipse the original (it doesn’t try to either), but it doesn’t defile the legacy, not at all, and creates out of its own strengths a solid place and a right of existence *in parallel* to the original. You could spot the true enthusiasts when the film ended. We were many who remained in our seats when the after-texts started to roll up, trying to grasp and digest what we had just experienced.

If your home theatre doesn’t have a 20m+ wide screen that can fill your entire vision and an audio system that can press you down in your seat, then you should see it in a real cinema. Also, the 3D for is once a core contributor to the experience, rather than a gimmick thrown in for some “wow”-effect.

Go see it!

:-)
    MorphOS is Amiga done right! :-)
    MorphOS NG will be AROS done right! :-)
  • »07.10.17 - 06:52