• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    asrael22
    Quote:

amigadave wrote:
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    Yea... I saw that. About $200. If there was a demo I can download of V7 with Designer, that would give me a good test drive of whether I'd spend $200 on it.

I think you can download the 900+ pages of pdf manuals, and look for youtube videos of people using it, or things they have created with it, or you can probably find another Amiga user near you, that has already bought it, who can demonstrate it to you. As far as I know, there is no downloadable demo version of Hollywood and Hollywood Designer.

From what you have written so far, it seems to me that Hollywood, plus all of its plug-ins, is the right fit for your programming needs, if you want to create content for any of the Amiga and Amiga inspired platforms. You get the bonus of being able to also write once, and compile for many other platforms as well, such as Windows, Linux, MacOSX, Android, and possibly iOS (not sure about this last platform option).

I have been preparing for a long time, for the time when I have both the free time, and free energy to get serious about learning to program (or improving what little programming skills I once had). I have looked at many different programming choices, read books on "C" and a little about "C++", thought about learning Amiga E (and using PortablE), bought more books than I can remember, as well as programming tools, like "Cubic IDE", Storm C v4 and Mesa (the last versions available shortly after, or just before Commodore went bankrupt), and on and on and on. I have decided that Hollywood makes the best sense for myself, so I am a bit biased in recommending it to you, but with good reasons, as I have done a ton of research to back up my choice to use it, and for recommending it to others.

I'm sure you can find enough information, or some friend/fellow Amiga user, who can demo Hollywood for you, so that you can make up your mind about buying it. I certainly feel that it is well worth the investment of $200, and I am constantly amazed at how much, and how fast Hollywood is improved and added to, by "The hardest working programmers in the Amiga community", or what ever their slogan is.

Try it, you'll like it!

Depending on what you plan to do and where you come from, Hollywood is probably a good fit.
    I believe the learning curve is relatively flat.
    The language is relatively simple.

Manfred

[ Edited by asrael22 30.08.2017 - 08:39 ]
  • »30.08.17 - 07:37