• ASiegel
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    Or a nice "Visual" type development IDE that makes designing GUI's/apps quick. Like a Visual C++ or something like that.

I'm sure there are people who think a "Visual <language>" type IDE isnt needed, but there is. Nobody wants to waste time learning obscure stuff like MUI or so on. Something all in one. An IDE that makes it easier to build an app and run it right away to see the results, debug etc. "But you can design stuff with MUIbuilder (?)" etc then add C code to it. Its too 90s. People dont want to spend the time developing on something that requires reading docs from years ago. Stuff thats hard to interpret or search for websites, maybe finding an answer to a question here or there. I'm just rambling. Maybe making excuses for myself as to why I'm not coding, I dunno.

You are certainly conflating a lot of different things that are not necessarily related to one another. If you would like to write software for an obscure operating system without using any obscure APIs, which feels mildly paradoxical, then going for a high-level option such as Hollywood seems like the right fit.
  • »30.08.17 - 03:28