• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    Maybe a bounty can be setup for it? But would jamiga / java be the right language to target? Maybe something that once done is pretty much static?

Or a nice "Visual" type development IDE that makes designing GUI's/apps quick. Like a Visual C++ or something like that.

I'm sure there are people who think a "Visual <language>" type IDE isnt needed, but there is. Nobody wants to waste time learning obscure stuff like MUI or so on. Something all in one. An IDE that makes it easier to build an app and run it right away to see the results, debug etc. "But you can design stuff with MUIbuilder (?)" etc then add C code to it. Its too 90s. People dont want to spend the time developing on something that requires reading docs from years ago. Stuff thats hard to interpret or search for websites, maybe finding an answer to a question here or there. I'm just rambling. Maybe making excuses for myself as to why I'm not coding, I dunno.

Read the post right before yours quoted above. The suggestion is not to port the Java language, but the runtime Java Virtual Machine, which many programming languages run on. (if I am understanding the discussion correctly)

For simple stuff, take Zylesea's advice (and mine) and try learning Hollywood with Hollywood Designer, Rapagui and MuiRoyale, as well as all its other plug-ins and libraries. Hollywood has an impressive amount of documentation, and many examples to read and look at too. It might not be quite as easy as "Visual Basic", or some other visual language, but it is pretty good, according to many people using it, and from what I have seen and read.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »29.08.17 - 23:39