• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    asrael22
    Quote:

TheMagicM wrote:
    Quote:

asrael22 wrote:
    If you don't want to see Java on MorphOS I only see one alternative:
    Choose a modern programming language for the OS (look at Swift or Rust). Create an awesome object-oriented, modern, convenient and elegant API on top of the 30 year old Amiga API if you want new developers developing software.
    Otherwise you don't attract anyone.
    Release MorphOS from old burdens. Make something new. That's the only way forward.

Manfred

Ding ding ding..and there it is.

I tried to set time aside programming here and there on MorphOS but there's always stuff that throws me off. MUI is one. Stuff that takes me too long to understand or languages (IDE's) not fully functional so I go back to what is fun to me: welding and building cars. Thats my out. I USED to relax and my out was programming now, not so much.

Lack of developers = lack of software.
    Lack of an IDE that is easier (not for noobs, but one that works, is functional) to learn = lack of developers
    Rinse, repeat.

Thats another reason why I appreciate MorphOS developers. They actually do this stuff because they have a passion for it. Something I lost a few years back. Again, thank you MorphOS Dev Team for this wonderful OS!!

-Alex

The MorphOS development team should not develop the software. But develop MorphOS (including the API and tools) so that others can develop the software.
    However I see a stillstand there for round about 25 years regarding API and tools.

Manfred

[ Edited by asrael22 28.08.2017 - 15:54 ]
  • »28.08.17 - 14:52