• Order of the Butterfly
    Order of the Butterfly
    In_Correct
    My desired computer is MorphBook 8-) and perhaps a custom Pi Device :-P Apricot, Blueberry, Cherry, Cocunut, Pecan, Peach, Pumpkin, Strawberry Rhubarb, ... any is possible.

The old software should not be abandoned entirely. But forcing OS to be limited to this software prevents OS from growing. Instead, place in The Emulator or update it properly. So if AROS's philosophy is going to liberate itself so AROS can grow, I am delighted. :-) And I think if original company still existed, they would introduce new functionality (and be the first to do so) for the SMP and increased bit computers. They would update the software properly.

Also is there a way to have MorphOS launch everything previously open before shut down or restart? This feature is useful with Vintage Mac OS, and also since Windows 7. Vintage Mac OS also has extensive features to Start Up, Shut Down, even on Schedule, all by itself! :-D . And they have sleep mode. Windows has Sleep Mode and also Hibernate Mode.

A MorphOS Developer said no to the request of introducing Sleep Mode, Hibernate Mode, and scheduling to MorphOS. But with these features introduced, they will attract and increase Audience. Not having these features will repel and decrease Audience. Why Shut Down as only option to save energy, and thus have to reopen same things every time?

And Collapse To Panel function will also be useful and enjoyable for Audience.

Quote:

Jim wrote:
    Quote:

Andreas_Wolf wrote:
    >>> must release SMP and 64 and other updates for MorphOS on POWER

>> This would require Talos II to be released first

> Why, what's wrong with the G5 or X5000?

Nothing wrong, but they are not POWER. The G5 is very close though, as it is a trimmed-down POWER4.

Oh, I get your point.
    Personally, I'd just like to see SMP adopted for our current ISA.

Power? I don't know how everybody else feels about laying out $2700.
    Personally, I can't help but think that if a dual cpu extended ATX board can be built for $2700, couldn't a single cpu ATX board be built for less?

But doesn't G5 also have multi core?

[ Edited by In_Correct 17.08.2017 - 14:47 ]
    :-) I Support Quark Microkernel. :-D
  • »17.08.17 - 19:46
    Profile Visit Website