• jPV
  • Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    jPV
    Quote:

Acill wrote:
    What prevents A-eon from compiling the enhancer packs for MorpgOS or allowing the video drivrs from being used with MorphOS anyway? Just them not liking it or the MorphOS devs not liking them?

I would say the primary reason for getting nothing from them for MorphOS is the lack of man power on both organizing and coding departments.

They (especially Trevor) have always told that they want to support all Amiga related platforms, but it all seems to fall behind Matthew in practise, and he just seems to have too much to do. He has his own store to handle and that must take most of his time, and the little time he's left from that, there's huge amount of A-EON related projects under his supervising. And he just seems to scrape together only some of the most important OS4 related projects.

I would also guess that their current coders aren't too motivated to code on MorphOS, and are hands full with their OS4 projects anyway. This could probably be fixed if some talented MorphOS coders would offer their help and would engage with the projects, but even then it could get stuck under the management.

There have been some signs that they could be willing to do something for MorphOS side, like there was supposed to be a MorphOS version of PPaint, but it never got finished/published, and I don't think it's going to happen ever at this rate. I've also tried to get some of my programs to be released at AMIStore for OS4(!), but even that seems to be an impossible task (been trying for three years now). So everything just throttles there unless it's one of their flagship products.

Maybe the best approach for getting support would be trying to cooperate with the respective developer directly? For example, Hans, who has developed some OS4 video drivers, seems to be a reasonable guy and maybe Bigfoot or some other MorphOS developer could exchange some information and findings directly with him?
  • »07.05.20 - 06:31
    Profile Visit Website