• Yokemate of Keyboards
    Yokemate of Keyboards
    amigadave
    Quote:

Intuition wrote:
    Quote:

igracki wrote:
    Yesterday I bought a PowerMac G5 2.3GHz with Radeon 9600/128MB and 5GB RAM for 31.50€!

Blimey. My 2.7GHz G5 was 250 in 2013 lol

Yeah, I paid $400 for my dual 2.7GHz G5 around the same time and could probably find one today for less than 1/2 that price. As for the 1.5GHz silent upgrade MacMini's on eBay, I offered the guy the same $30 and asked about the power supply, and they countered back with an offer of $34.95 and told me all the power supplies were gone. I didn't accept the counter offer yet, but might, if he still has any left. It's a great price for a 1.5GHz G4 MacMini.

I always wished that the last version of the previous version Mac's would be supported, as I liked the look and convenience of the attached monitor (the Mac that looked like a lamp base with a monitor connected to the top of it), but I like bigger monitors now, so probably would tire of the novelty of it and end up using something like a G4 or G5 PowerMac with a 20-inch or larger monitor instead, for running MorphOS, like I do today.

To the original poster of this thread: Don't buy the 32mb VRAM MacMini, as it will most likely end up disappointing you after a while, and you will wish you had waited for something better.
    MorphOS - The best Next Gen Amiga choice.
  • »13.05.17 - 20:01