• Paladin of the Pegasos
    Paladin of the Pegasos
    NewSense
    I use a HP 2500 Colour Laserjet, which I use with MorphOS. It was one of their "compact" (use the term loosely - as they are about 45cm x 45cm x 45cm) and that is PostScript 2 & 3 capable, works with Windows 10 as well and Mac OSX 10.4 + 10.5, and 10.6, and probably Linux as well.

It can be networked (slot-into-printer ethernet card) and the toners are as cheap as you can find for any colour laser on ebay. I think I paid under £2 for the last ones I bought, but you need 4 toners (Black - printing term for Black colour is Key, Yellow, Cyan, Magenta - same colours for most colour laser printers, and a printer transfer drum - those are the main consumables, but there's a laser and a fuser that can fail as well - but mine have been fine for 7 years, and were already used/second-hand when I got mine anyway..

It has also got USB, and a 36 pin Centronics connector - for Classic Amiga connection, and will print I believe at least in Key (Black and White), not had any success with printing in colour on a Classic Amiga with it, even with TurboPrint 7, though it is just one step up from the original HP 5M Colour Laserjet (which the 2500 basically superceded) which is supported by TurboPrint 7.

I bought the HP 2500 for its wide compatibility, but it's an old model now, and the only way to get one is as a USED one, but there are many other makes and models of colour laser printers that are PostScript capable - you really only need a valid PPD file installed for use with MorphOS - which if you buy one new will probably be on the installation disc/CD. If you check the spec of any laser printer you are interested in and see if it's PostScript capable, some require a PostScript SIMM/DIMM others are supplied with one, or the PostScript features are built into other parts of the printer's hardware, and come as standard.

Hope this is of interest to you. The HP 950C is an old printer anyway, and only offers PCL3 I believe, and even my old HP895CXI was PCL5 - which the HP2500 colour laaserjet is also, as well as PostScript capable.
    MacMini 1.5GHz,64MB VRAM, PowerBooks A1138/9 (Model 5,8/9),PowerMac G5 2.3GHz(DP), iMac A1145 2.1GHz 20", all with MorphOS v3.18+,Airport,Bluetooth,A1016 Keyboard,T-RB22 Mouse,DVD-RW-DL,MiniMax,Firewire/USB2 & MacOSX 10.4/5
  • »04.10.20 - 23:31