• Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Acolyte of the Butterfly
    Quote:

Robdel wrote:
    I solved my printing problem by buying a second hand hp 950c printer for which there is a very good driver in morphos. No need for ps interpretation.
    The only curiosity is that I cannot print directly from YAM. I seem to have to save my message to ram: say and then load it on scribble and print it from there. Has anyone else encountered that problem?
    Thanks to all for your comments.

Inspired by this post, I bought my own second hand 950c. It would sold as perfect working order, but I've been unable to get it going. MorphOS is happily talking to it, but I get zero output (the printer head whirs back and forth, the paper advances, but nothing is printed). Fine - needs new cartridges. So I promptly bought these but no progress. I've even tried cleaning the cartridges with a little isopropyl alcohol in case the "new" cartridges were all crusted up. Still nothing.

So then I thought, is there a problem with the printer? One query I had is whether there should be anything between the print cartridges and the paper? Because on this printer, there's nothing between them - printer cartridge - air - paper. Is that right? Or was there a printer head between the cartridge and the paper that's missing? Anything else I can try?

Thanks!
  • »02.10.20 - 20:09